Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Toilet Crusades

Yes people, that's right my boy is a toddler. A monster that can run, run away and say no! arghh. So here is today's question, what can a toddler use a toilet for? Potty training? No that would be way too obvious.

In case you haven't seen our house we have 5 toilets, yes people 5! Four and half baths in the house, they are tiny but we have five a dream come true. But 5 toilets means 5 different opportunities for Jens to cause trouble. Since 3 of the toilets are in "music studio space" that is 3 opportunities for students to leave doors open and for Jens to conduct science experiments.

This morning, my bathroom door did not shut all the way and I found that Jens had unraveled a roll of toilet paper into the toilet, pulled it back out and swirled it all around the toilet and bathroom floor and all of this in less than 10 minutes of being "unattended." He had also managed to reach 3 containers on the bathroom counter full of my jewelry and make-up that he could not reach last week, of course that was dumped on top of the wet toilet paper.

Then I tried to squeeze in that morning shower that I didn't get before daddy left for work. Well Jens likes to play peek-a-boo while I shower. Because I was in the walk in shower, Jens could easily walk in and out while I showered. Now once again in less than five minutes the shower curtain begins to ripple. Low and behold he has pushed the entire bathroom trash can into the shower while I am showering!

So at this point in my story it is only 8:15am, the day hasn't even started. So I must ask my audience is anyone else out there even remotely exhausted by the mere concept of this "busy boy." If you have any energy left....read on the day only gets better!!!

Thank God there was music class, lunch, and a 3 hour nap today. Then when mommy has to teach piano and the babysitter doesn't show up - Jens figured out he can use the toilet for entertainment! Today he proceeded to take his veggie snack chips and dump the entire zip lock bag of chips in the toilet and swish them around and then just for giggles eat a few before mommy figured out their was an odd silence in the room. And you know if the room is quiet the kid is up to no good!

So if that wasn't enough Jens proceeded to get a case of toilet paper from Costco open and start dropping entire rolls of toilet paper into the toilet. In case you have not tried it they float really well, but can no longer be used for the original purpose that toilet paper was intended.

So that was pretty much our toilet day and no I didn't take pictures, I didn't want to encourage Jens to continue any of this! But the good news is Robyn's mother comes for a week starting tomorrow and she can save me from my own child! That and Jason and I will be on vacation for a few days (God Bless my mother for flying in to give me a break!)

Last month, Jens decided that the sea shells on display on the back of the toilet go into the toilet bowl really well. They make this great gurgling sound as they drop down.

No comments: